Online booking is appreciated and we cover the cost of your booking fee. Click here to buy your ticket for RISE.
Marion Barbeau, a Paris Opera dancer making her acting debut, is terrific as an injured performer who finds strength in a contemporary dance company.
Elise, a ballet prima donna, believed she had a perfect life with a loving boyfriend and a successful career. However, one catastrophic night, her world falls apart as she discovers her partner’s infidelity before suffering a serious injury on stage. Now, she faces a recovery period that may take two years, with the possibility of never being able to dance professionally again.
In search of physical and emotional healing, Elise escapes to Brittany, leaving Paris behind. Surrounded by friends, a new love interest, and the liberating world of contemporary dance, she rebuilds her relationship with her reserved father and rediscovers her true self.
Ballet-trained Paris Opera principal Marion Barbeau’s body-and-spirit performance is magnetic and heartwarming.
Barbeau, a trained ballet dancer in the Paris Opera, gives a beautiful performance that communicates the emotional interiority that exists in the physicality of dancing. – The Guardian
Breezy, charming love letter to the art form, its tightknit communities, and what nourishes the impulse to find healing expression in movement. – Los Angeles Times
Presented with the support of the French Embassy and the Institut Français.
- RISE [EN CORPS]
- France, 2021 | Language: French | 120 minutes | Cert: 15
- Director: Cédric Klapisch
- Cast: Marion Barbeau, Pio Marmaï, François Civil, Denis Podalydès, Muriel Robin
- Foreign language films are subtitled. Cert: CLUB for over 18s.
- A short film may be shown before the feature.
- Tickets: €8.50/€7 concession
- Cork Cine Club is absorbing the cost of online booking fees.
- Book online: https://bit.ly/Rise-28thSep
- Pay at the door by card or cash. Exact change is appreciated.