ONLINE BOOKING NOW AVAILABLE.
TICKETS ON SALE SUNDAY 5 FEBRUARY AT 10AM.
Presented with the support of the French Embassy and the Institut Français.
A charming and witty comedy-drama, The Rose Maker is a crowd-pleasing tale of the fight for independence in the cut-throat world of artisan floristry.
Eve is one of France’s greatest rose growers, but her business is on the verge of collapse. When her secretary hires three inexperienced ex-convicts, they must team up to rescue the business in this verdant comedy. Despite her initial hostility to the idea, the new arrivals soon inspire Eve to give rose-designing one last shot.
A fierce lead performance from Catherine Frot proves a particular highlight here, with the Marguerite star once again proving herself to be one of France’s most compelling screen performers.
It’s a relaxed film, one that allows the audience to sit back and, if not smell the roses, then at least appreciate them. – New York Times
A film that wears its emotions lightly but generously, like dew on a blush-colored petal. – Washington Post
Christine Braithwaite’s short Irish film, Circuit Love [15 mins], will be shown before the feature.
- The Rose Maker [La Fine Fleur]
- France, 2020 | Language: French| 95 minutes | Cert: Club
- Director: Pierre Pinaud
- Cast: Catherine Frot, Melan Omerta, Fatsah Bouyahmed, Olivia Côte
- Foreign language films are subtitled. Cert: CLUB for over 18s.
- Tickets: €8.50/€7 concession
- Cork Cine Club is absorbing cost of booking fees.
- Book online: https://bit.ly/TheRoseMaker
- Pay at the door by card or cash. Exact change appreciated.